Background

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Use Your Stash Blog Hop

It's another blog hop!!!  Yay!!!  This one is a very important one for me.  I don't know about you, but I am a hoarder of all things crafty!  This time, we were challenged to use something old with something new.  If you are coming from Judy Faye's blog, you are on the right track!

I have yet another NON card project to share with you!!!  Because today is the official first day of spring, and Easter is nearing, I thought it would be fun to do a little treat box with yummy jelly beans inside.  :o)  Who can say no to that?


I used the Cricut Artiste cartridge to cut this darling butterfly box out of the old Dotty For You paper.  Isn't it fun?!


The blue butterfly was cut with the same cartridge, but I used the new Claire paper for this one.  Then, I layered a paper butterfly on top with a bit of 3D foam tape.  The bling on the wings adds fun sparkle.


I also used some of our fun black net ribbon!!!  I just put a strip of red line tape on it and folded a few gathers into it.  I stuck it on the backs of each of the bottom butterfly's wings.  :o)  I think it will be a fun gift to give.

Very simple, and made very easy with the Artiste!!!

Now, hop your way on to Janet's blog to see more of what can be done with old and new!!!

Happy Crafting!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute project, love how you used the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love these little boxes. I definitely could use up some of this paper this way. I like how you added the tulle and flutter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is tooo cute! I love the little boxes, the use of old and new on the butterfly and the black tulle ribbon -- awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it-you always add the BEST touches to make your projects "just so", Cherri.

    ReplyDelete