Background

Monday, January 21, 2013

Use Your Stash Blog Hop!!!


If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. WELCOME! You should be coming from Judy Faye's blog.

There are 5 participants this month. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing using the awesome quilling tool to make those beautiful paper flowers SO very easy to roll up! Here are the simple steps I used. Seriously easy!


First, I cut out the flower and leaves with the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  Then, I crumpled up the flower.  :o)  No, this is not a necessary step.  I was trying to make it look older and well worn.


Don't mind my chipped nail polish.  LOL  The quilling tool has a slit in the end where the end of the paper flower slips into.  Then, it's just as easy as rolling it up!


Once it is all wound up, I unwind it just a bit until it looks close to what I want.


To finish it, I just use some liquid glass on the flower base, and glue it down. I set it aside to dry while I finish the rest of the card. I sanded the leaves, folded them in half and sanded that lightly, too.


 Okay, so I don't know what happened to that picture, but I used the Clementine paper to cover the card base. The design of the card was taken out of the Wishes card book. I used some Cashmere card stock and used the stamp of the month to stamp the roses on it. I cut the sentiment tag out with the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, and used a sentiment from the stamp of the month, also. I love it!!!

Now hop on over to Joy's blog for more ideas of using up your stash.

Happy Crafting!

Cherri

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even think to use the tool that way. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing that to make flowers, it makes it so much quicker. The card and flower look great!

    ReplyDelete