Background

Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Learned Bird

I have recently gotten into decorating different things that I find.  My favorites have turned out to be these darling little bird houses.  With the Scholastic paper, I really drifted towards owls, and the intelligence that we place on them.  So, this bird house is for one scholarly, learned owl!  I think he should learn to clean up after himself, though!  :o)



I used rolled up pieces of graph paper for the scrolls, and tied them with a bit of baker's twine.  He needed a house number, too, so I used one of our number plaques.  I really like the was the vintage book paper looks covering the house, don't you?  :o)


I painted the base with green, orange and brown acrylic paint.  The quote is from the Stickease, and I stuck it on a note from the Memo accessories pack.  The epoxy number six is also from this pack.  I cut out the rounded tab and the notebook pages from the Artiste cartridge.  I crumpled them up and distressed them with Saddle ink.  

Here is my favorite part!  Do you know what the shingles are done with?!  TAGS!!!!  I cut out these cute tags from the Artiste cartridge at 3/4"!  Of course I had to get a bit over the top and distressed each one.  LOL  There were nearly 60 on each side!  The effect is totally worth the effort!

And here is my messy, intelligent owl.  He is actually located on the Halloween themed button, but I couldn't resist using him.  I layered his body three times and his wings and feet twice to give him more dimension.  His beak is also layered three times.

Leave a comment, and let me know what you think!  He is gracing my mantle at the moment, but he may be up for sale in the coming months.

Happy Crafting!

Cherri

No comments:

Post a Comment